Graham’s Six Grapes Port is fruity, robust and of superb quality which means it can be thought of as the everyday Port for the Vintage Port drinker. It has a seductive rich perfume of ripe plums and cherries and on the palate is complex, with a good structure and a long lingering finish.
Established in 1820, W & J Graham is one of the most famous names in the Port trade and has long been synonymous with the greatest Vintage Ports. The Symington family acquired the company from the Graham family in 1970, so today Graham’s remains a wholly family-owned firm. At the heart of Graham’s Port is the famous Quinta dos Malvedos in the upper reaches of the Douro Valley. The old winery was completely renovated in 2000 and is now equipped with three revolutionary robotic lagares that tread the grapes. Alongside these are the ancient granite lagares where some of the harvest is still trodden by human foot. The neighbouring Quinta do Tua and Quinta das Lages in the Rio Torto valley are key vineyards for Graham’s, as are the privately family-owned Quintas of Vila Velha and Vale de Malhadas.